Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup thickly grated bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki) 1 cup
- fresh beaten low-fat curd (dahi)
- 1/2nd cup finely chopped mint leaves (pudina)leaves
- 1/4th tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4th tsp black salt (sanchal)
- 1/2nd tsp sugar
- 1 1/2nd tbsp roasted and coarsely ground flax seeds
- salt to taste
Combine the bottle gourd with ¼ cup of water in a deep pan and mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till all the water evaporates. Keep aside to cool. Combine all the ingredients, including the cooked bottle gourd in a deep bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Blend 1½ tbsp of flax seeds in a mixer to get 2 tbsp of flax seeds powder.