- Cook Time : 20 mins Preparation Time : 10 mins Ingredients :
- 100g rolled oats
- 60g wholemeal flour
- 60g wheat and barley cereal, such as Almonds, Grape-Nuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tbsp apple sauce or purée
- 4 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 30g unsalted sunflower seeds (Opional)
- 30g chopped walnuts
- 200g chopped dried mixed fruit
Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 3. Line a 23cm square baking dish with baking parchment.
In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, cereal and cinnamon.
Add the egg, apple sauce, honey, sugar and oil.
Mix well. Stir in the sunflower seeds, walnuts and dried fruit.
Spread mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish.
Bake 30 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned around the edges.
Let cool. Use the parchment to lift from the dish.
Cut into squares, and store in the refrigerator.