Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup Ragi flour
- 1/2nd cup semolina (Rava)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 to 3 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 1/2nd tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/4th cup finely chopped onions 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- salt to taste
- 1/4th cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
Dry roast the ragi flour and semolina in a broad non-stick kadhai on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Add the roasted ragi- semolina mixture and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add 4 cups of hot water and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring continuously.
Add the coriander, mix well and cover and keep aside for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot